Choose your own API Adventure
In this assignment, you'll build a front end for an API of your choice
- Reinforce component architecture in React
- Reinforce reading of API documentation (some are great, and some are terrible)
- Creating and designing your own features for a web app
We're going to build a front end for an API of your choice. Choose one from this list
NOTE You'll need to choose one with
apiKey since we
OAuth authentication yet.
NOTE You'll also need to check to see if the API will work from your browser.
You can do a quick check by making a small project, doing an
fetch of one API URL and see if you get browser errors.
degit $GITHUB_USER/react-project-template APIClientReact
- Select an API and get it approved by your instructor.
- Read your API docs
- Use Postman to make some API requests to be familiar with the API and the data it returns
- Create a list of the features you are going to create and how they will work
- Design your User Interface
- Design your HTML statically in
- Make it dynamic
- Use components when needed
- Deploy it and share it with friends
- Add multiple pages to your site.
- Add a second API
- Work on components and clean, well commented code.
- Work on other assignments you might be assigned as well. Career support or old adventure modes come to mind.
- [ ][do you wanna build a snowman?] (https://suncoast.io/handbook/curriculum/front-end/react-ii/assignments/snowman)