Your team has been contracted by the city of St Pete to build out a site about local tourism. Luckily for us, our team has a designer and has completed their mocks up of what they envision the site to look like. Your task is, in small groups (2-3) pair program and recreate the site as close as possible.
This is an in-class activity to help reinforce concepts and provide milage to be more comfortable with CSS.
- form small groups of 2-3
- recreate this website
- We will meet periodically to discuss progress, topics, and ideas. Keep an eye on slack.
degit $GITHUB_USER/html-css-ts-project-template TravelSite
For explorer mode, work to recreate the site exactly
- Start with build the HTML, focus on semantics
- After you are happy with the HTML, build out the mobile view
- Build out the desktop view
- deploy your app
- The color is interesting to say the least, change the color scheme to something you like better. Tools like https://coolors.co/ and http://paletton.com/ will help.
- This looks and feels a lot like our example from yesterday. Use that as inspiration.
- The site is live at here. You can use for inspiration or if you get stuck
- Even though we see the website from a top perspective, you can develop a site's sections in any order. If you get stuck on one section, move on the next